Welcome!

Thanks for visiting my blog! Here I hope to share some of the things that come from my head to my hand to paper, and the stories behind it all.

Monday, June 13, 2011

Wine Labels Created for Arts Benicia's Label Competition

Yep...Arts Benicia will be selling wine soon, and they have invited artists to contribute their designs for possible use as labels.  None have been chosen yet. So I used my Jose picture and made him a girlfriend with Frida...but Frida is a lush.  Just look at her expression!  Frida represents the cabernet.


My sister recently helped rescue a sea lion in southern California, so I called my white label Clara after the rescued little girl.  However, she has been transplanted up to the Carquinez Straits!

The names I did not create, but came almost as a joke out of a forum of AB people trying to name an upcoming show.  "Tabula Rasa" had pretty much been agreed upon, but many thought it was too obscure.  So now our wines will be Tabula Rosa and Tabula Blanca, but only a few people will know the inside story!

No comments:

Post a Comment