Welcome!

Thanks for visiting my blog! Here I hope to share some of the things that come from my head to my hand to paper, and the stories behind it all.

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Gracias


I always love drawing textures, and trees offer some of the most interesting textures possible.  The bristle cone pine is one of the most stunning, and here is my close up of this tree. I have a friend, Shandi, and she has a cousin who lives in a fabulous house near Sacramento.  This cousin allowed several of us girlfriends to stay for a special weekend, and while there, I was able to see Dede's impressive art collection.  She has many different types of art in her home, but a fair bit of drawing and lots of things inspired by nature.  Dede was my inspiration to go ahead and draw this tree that I have been thinking about doing, and call it Gracias. Thanks, Dede!

No comments:

Post a Comment