Welcome!

Thanks for visiting my blog! Here I hope to share some of the things that come from my head to my hand to paper, and the stories behind it all.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Recent Summer Work

So the summer came and went, and school starts tomorrow.  I am excited to meet all the new kids...many have stopped by already for a hug and a chat.  Can't beat that.  But I did complete a couple of pieces amidst the hectic summer comings and goings.

The first one is called "La Cena", or The Dinner, drawn from a photo I took years ago in Lombok (an island in Indonesia).  This little girl was sent alone to fetch the fish for the family dinner.  Such a simple life.  I always wondered where she got that big, lacy shirt...maybe from a tourist?  It was meant for her.


The next one is titled "Manos con Anillo", or Hands with Ring.  The age of the person shows a long life, and the Claddaugh ring symbolizes that life filled with friendship, loyalty and love.  I went to Ireland a couple of years ago researching my heritage, and found it.  There will be more to come on the Irish theme!


No comments:

Post a Comment