Welcome!

Thanks for visiting my blog! Here I hope to share some of the things that come from my head to my hand to paper, and the stories behind it all.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Anak Anak

Meet more children from Lombok, Indonesia.  During my time there, I came across so many beautiful children.  I was always amazed by the simplicity of their lives.  These three didn't pose...they just go through life near each other, and taking care of each other. I don't even know if they were brothers and sister, but their understanding of togetherness and support don't require blood.  It just wouldn't make any difference.

Oh...and "anak" means "child" in Indonesian.  In typical simple fashion, if you want to say "children", you just multiply the word and say it twice!

This piece will also be featured at Piccolo/Shirocos in November.

1 comment: